Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Fabric defined


Myelin is a lipid that covers an axon in the brain. Its presence means that an electrical impulse carrying a thought has been triggered a great number of times. When an axon is myelinated, it means that the group of thoughts represented in the synapses surrrounding the axon have been visited and revisited. Thoughts that don't get visited much don't get myelinated. The myelination process ensures a thought's preservation.

Thoughts that are myelinated can be considered memories I guess. But, really those thoughts are visited so often that they seem like they were just formed yesterday. I have those thoughts, the ones that seem like they were just formed yesterday. They're intense. They're the stuff of my dreams and wishes and greatest desires. They give me peace in the early morning hours when I wake and start pondering life's moves. They keep me going because they provide life in an otherwise mundane world. They elevate my performance.

That's why these myelinated thoughts have become a part of my fabric, indelibly imprinted, ready at a moment's notice to be
revisited. :)

No comments: