Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Missing Macy's


This week I think Imust have seen no less than 50 commercials for Macy's. I haven't lived in an area where a Macy's exists, but I know it is a really good department store. And a year and a half ago I was shown the merits of Macy's.

The first two weeks of December last year I was in New England. Just 10 blocks away from where I was staying was a beautiful, three-story Macy's. It was beautiful with all the Christmas trimmings and glittering displays. So, of course I visited the store. I ended up buying the gift I was proudest of last year from Macy's.

This year is different. I'm not in New England 10 blocks away from Macy's. I don't live in an area close to a Macy's. So as I watch these 50 commercials for Macy's it takes my mind back to the beautiful, three-story store with sublime Christmas trimmings and glittering displays and the gift I was proudest of buying last year.

I'm through buying my gifts for this year. With every commercial for Macy's I see, I wish I could have shopped there. I miss buying from Macy's and choosing the gift I would be proudest of this year.

No comments: