Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2010

No saying


Last night I went to get a couple of gifts for Chrsitmas. I was thinking that the crowds would be horrendous this close to Christmas. That's why I couldn't believe it when I went in to make the purchases and not many people were in the store. This was a mall store where one would expect to see many shoppers this time of year. But, no the crowds were not there, and I was in and out in 25 minutes. My kind of shopping.

Sometimes I am surprised like that in life. Things you think will be long and arduous turn out simple. Other things that I think will be simple turn out to be long and arduous. In a world where you have to learn to anticipate what will happen in order to survive and live decently, it's noteworthy whenever you guess wrong or anticipate something different from what turns out. You try to minimize the missed anticipations as you go through life because sometimes it costs you. But as the saying goes, "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from poor judgment."

It's the decision based on good judgment that has an ending different from what is desired that I am still working out in my mind. I don't think there is a saying for that.

2 comments:

~j said...

Ugh! I haven't bought one gift yet! I must get busy with that; praying for empty stores also!

Dwordman said...

I would bet my salary that you know exactly what each person is going to get though. It's just a matter of time for making it to those empty stores. I guess it's Monday for shopping and Tuesday for wrapping. Don't forget sunglasses! LOL!