Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tapping the reservoir



The Ogallala Aquifer is the world's largest underground reservoir in terms of how large it is. It covers 8 states in the midwest of the U.S. It can't be seen from the Earth's surface, but it irrigates much of the heartland of America. It's named after a town in Nebraska because the town was where the type of reservoir and the type of water filling it were first identified.

Inside of me is a reservoir of thought that irrigates the drought of mundane living. It is large, and it refreshes the thoughts in every area of my life, enriching them all. Even though rain may not be falling in my life right now to make things green and vibrant, I look to that Ogallala reservoir within. From it, thoughts are watered and life gets better. I call its very special name often. There's nothing like this reservoir in the whole wide world.

No comments: