Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Oh, it's all right

The day started beautifully.  I went out to eat at a restaurant I had never been to before for breakfast.  It was good, but it was overbilled in its recommendation to me.  Next came working some on projects I had going.  That went well enough, but not perfectly.  For the day I was up on currency trading, but it was down for the week as a whole (but the month was in the positive column).  On other projects, I made about 50% progress on them.  Tonight I went to a movie.  I watched the entire film - almost.  With about 5 minutes to go, the picture disappeared from the screen.  It was a mystery movie, so the last 5 minutes were important to the ending of the movie.  The explanation by the manager was that the end had been erased from the memory chip.  We all got free passes for that happening... but still.  My aunt called out of the blue after I returned home.  She wanted to know how my day went.  I told her it was all right.

Today's description is so much like life...  trade offs, dissatisfaction, work getting accomplished but not all of it, anticipation of a good time, actual good moments, disappointing moments.  All in all it's all right, I guess.  It seems, though, there should be more.  Something's missing... I figure that is what 2012 might be for.

No comments: