Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

It's inside the head


I am sitting here watching TV. It's my favorite time of year. The NBA playoffs are in progress. It brings me peace to watch the best teams play basketball. The timing is good. I have just put in an entire weekend of work. Paperwork deadlines had to be met. It puts beans on the table.

That's the mundane part of my life. The exciting part of my life happens inside my head. My thoughts swim around about a recent book I read about memory. It was a fantastic read and taught me a lot about how memory is formed. Thoughts also rumble around about work that could be forthcoming in an area I love - courtroom deception. I recently saw my siblings, so I think of their lives. And it reverberates all through my gray matter to think of and hear a familiar voice once again.

The mundane part of my life goes from intense to peaceful and back again. It repeats. No, it's the reverberations through my gray matter that keep me going.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the lakers! Especially lamar odom...anyway(s) wonder if you can figure out why...

Dwordman said...

I think there is a certain Kardashian connection that puts you with lamar odom.

Love your wit... anyway(s)... love it!!!

And I am in the Lakers camp... Phil Jackson is so good and Kobe, the best.

Anonymous said...

you have either been keeping up with reality tv or you are a good googler...;)

Dwordman said...

I just have a good memory of the episodes I watched of the Kardashians. I kept up with reality tv there for a while.

Watching the Lakers again. I've been slacking lately on my reality tv viewing. LOL.