Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Rare-but worth the wait


Early in life I was told that some things were worth waiting for. It meant that the high school diploma was worth waiting for; the college degree was worth waiting for. As an adult I have been told on a couple of occasions that something was worth waiting for such as a couple of jobs I have had. Material possessions or trips I have had to save money for were worth it. I own a couple of things that were worth the wait. Rarely, though, has the principle of worth the wait applied to people. We tell our children as they grow up and try to understand the pregnancy period that they were worth the wait. But, between adults, the principle is not applied much. That's because the phrase is reserved for those rare people that shine brightly in the midst of darkness.

No comments: