Search This Blog

Sunday, May 09, 2010

For good mothers


I look around at the youth today, and it is easy to tell those who have been brought up by a mother who cares deeply about them and who enhances the genetic qualities they start with from those who do not have such mothers. There really is no substitute for a good mother.

My mother was one of those good mothers. She cared deeply about me and showed it. She still does. She enhanced the genetic qualities I started with. She still encourages me to continue to enhance what I was created with. I was fortunate.

There are so, so many kids today who get little or incomplete attention. They are not shown what deep affection a mother might have. These kids receive words, sometimes, - no action. They are not given the opportunities to learn on the internet or to play outside or to watch their mothers interact with other men and women. They live in a raise-yourself world without motherly modeling.

I am looking at a picture right now, however, of a young girl at play in her back yard, grinning from ear to ear. Her mother is an amazing mother who models, cares deeply, and provides opportunities for enhancement. This is one fortunate little girl.

So, here's to Mother's Day. I wish for the children of the world more mothers like mine and the one of the young girl at play!

No comments: