Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Liftwords

Words are mere words. There is no magic in them. This, at least is what the teacher in a classroom was saying. A young woman raised her hand in the class to comment that people can feel encouraged or inspired by mere words, so there might be some magical power in them. Touche. Teacher was wrong. And the maker of language knew this I am sure. In such a negative world where all kinds of words motivate us to act derogatorily toward others or to generate negative thoughts about almost everything, it is refreshing, rejuvenating to hear words that are lifting in nature. Even more rewarding is to generate positive thoughts by speaking in words that do lift others' thoughts and spirits. Liftwords. The maker of language made them to help people make it home to see Him. Liftwords have certainly helped me along my way. I certainly want to make it my business to lift others' spirits through language to make their ways smoother.

No comments: