Search This Blog

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Thoroughness maps

Thoroughness is both a vice and a virtue. Every time I go to the fast food place I expect it and don't get it. When I go to the doctor, I expect it and receive it with the doctor I have now. It's not appreciated everywhere, however, and it's not required in some places I go. It's an idea that one has to consider in one's spiritual life, though. How thorough should one be in the discipline of the inner being? My guess is that it's a lot like life in general. In some areas it's crucial and in others it is not required. Now finding the map on which area needs which response is the catch. I know what areas I have worked on and which ones I have not. Everyone's map is a little different I've noticed. Fortunately, spirituality is a big enough category for the maps to be different. I come into contact with a lot of good people in the world whose thoroughness is evident. But, I appreciate their thorough areas because they are different from my thorough areas. How could life be better?

No comments: