Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Crossed or uncrossed?


I remember playing the game cross-uncross. It was hard to guess at first when a pair of scissors was crossed or not. Once the code was broken, then, of course, I_ could guess every time whether the scissors were crossed or uncrossed.

Another thing I remember about the game was the patience I had to have in the interim between not knowing the code and knowing it. Many people got frustrated, but I knew that staying calm would lead me to the answer because I would not miss_ the clues of the code. In English there is the adage that patience is a virtue. Patience for the game paid off in finding the answer.

In life, I have come across situations that require patience. Nearly always patience paid off even if it took a really long time. It has kept me from missing some opportunities. It's not a 100% foolproof rule. But almost. You_ might say that patience leads to hope... of finding the answer if playing a game or of realizing much desired endings if going through life.

7 comments:

-j said...

cute. But I am not playing a game.

Dwordman said...

Juxtaposing life with a game caused a confusing message. Life is no game. Realizing a much desired ending is a great hope, not a game at all.

-j said...

just want it to be clear that I don't play games with you...maybe many other people...but, not you.

Dwordman said...

I should have been clearer in my comments about my greatest hope. Sorry for the comparison to a game. My greatest hope in life is not a game!!!

Dwordman said...

I had really wanted you to see the encoded message_ I had placed in the blog. I screwed that up with an analogy that detracted.

Anonymous said...

I saw the message without reading the blog...u didn't screw anything up...stop being so hard on yourself...;)

Dwordman said...

You are gracious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4QoZUgub8I&feature=related