Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Alter-dimension

The sounds of night are very much different, or at least amplified, from the sounds of the day. At night I can't see very well with my eyes, so I depend more on my hearing. I perk up when I hear sounds that are near to me. But, I discount sounds in the distance even if they are sirens or train whistles. I can always hear crickets. Of course, they're harmless. I have noticed a change in my own way of thinking. I try to move and think more like creatures who do move in the night. I think how I can move without being seen or heard. I trust senses other than sight. During the day I don't care about such movements or sensitivities.

That leads me to think about how I might move or think if I were in another dimension. What if the dimension didn't have time? What if it didn't have movement? What if light and dark didn't alternate? What if the creatures in the other dimension didn't have bodies as we do in 3 dimensions? What if our attributes were halos over our heads like bars that show the power level of a cell phone? What if one didn't have to watch evil happen in front of his or her very eyes? What if the physics of the place were so very different? What if... ad infinitum?

I think this dimension is currently called after-life. I don't know for sure, but I will know it when I get there.

No comments: