Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Snake Pit

I thought that I was going to be delivered from a snake pit today. Not a literal viper pit, but a symbolic one. Deliverance was not apparent by day's end. So, I spend more time around a snake that seems to strike whenever he thinks I'm not looking. I think that beheading this snake should happen, but that is not my call. Others are in this pit with me and we are trying to watch each other's back so that we don't get bitten. Today, the strongest person in the pit had a great opportunity to behead the monster. I thought it was a sign of weakness to the snake that that didn't happen. But, the one who made snakes and regular humans directed the play by giving different stage directions from the ones I anticipated. So, as long as I have to be in the snake pit, I will continue to trust that the script writer knows what we in the pit need and will send deliverance in due time.

No comments: