Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2005

Numbered-Unnumbered

I don't know when a person comes to the realization that truly one's days are numbered. Youth is always characterized as invincible. Sometimes, young people feel immortal. At some point, however, realization sets in that one does not live ad infinitum. My own mortality has been brought home by a son changing his residence from here to the unseen realm where he lives with his maker. So, I see the other side already. I look forward to seeing the unseen world because I know a reunion awaits. My earthly father resides on the other side too. I will join them. I don't know when I am finished here, but until I change residences, I hope to let the maker, whom my father and son see daily, guide me to a fuller life than I had imagined before I got to this place in life. I am enjoying the guidance more and more. I have not always been comfortable being led. I wanted to do the leading. That was before realization set in about numbered days. Now I know those days are exchanged for unnumbered days.

No comments: