Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Poker

A colleague came to me today. She was asking me to play cards - symbolically. I have played Spades and Poker before, so I know a little about playing cards. She is relatively inexperienced. I don't think she spent time in college playing cards with dorm mates. So, I told her what was in the hand we were looking at and what was more than likely in the hand of our opponents. The bad news about playing cards is that sometimes you guess wrong and lose a hand. I've got about another month before the hand will be completely dealt and played. I hope that good news is the result rather than bad news, that the guess is right and we will win the stakes from the other players. In the meantime, I have my best poker face on to get that result.

No comments: