Search This Blog

Monday, June 06, 2005

Learning for all

A colleague of mine and I were talking today about whether someone can be taught if (s)he is not willing to hear the lessons. We differed on that issue. I remember a Chinese proverb: when the student is ready, the teacher appears. I also see all around me the people who have learned much but at different stages in life. Learning is unevenly distributed, and seems to be associated to people's interests and motivations more than from cumulative effect from information. Well, no matter. People live within each moment. They may choose to learn in a few of those moments. May the One Who Made Us give us today the bread we need whether that includes learning or not.

1 comment:

MyFathersSon said...

I was privaledged to learn today. Or maybe re-learn. I was reminded of the power of music to influence our lives. See denver's blog for more thoughts.