Search This Blog

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Assertion Required

I have been around a younger person now for a while at work. I see this person not able to confront the people in her world that need confronting. I guess age and having raised children makes me less prone to put off asserting myself when circumstances require it. I have read a number of examples in the life of the Master Teacher in which he decided to assert what needed to be said. Print leaves out tone of voice, but I can't read some of his words without hearing assertion in it. So, adopting assertion based on his model, has been much healthier for me than holding back what needs to be said in a situation. I certainly spent the first 35 years of my life holding in words and emotions. Now, I think that some occasions require assertions to be made and I am sure going to make them. Situations seem to clear up when straightforward communication happens.

No comments: