Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A different story

I have basically ignored the direct leading of the Creator because it dealt too much with emotion, which I have always thought is secondary to rational thought. In fact, I heard a lecture four days ago on coming to faith through the intellect. The last two years tell a different story. If the creator of dreams and the orchestrator of events wants to act on someone's psyche or in events that drive people to act, he does so. I have to wonder how much I have missed by adopting a different philosophy for most of my life. Well, no matter. Although it did take a brick upside the head to get my attention, I am listening now. In fact, Michael W. Smith's song "Here I Am" is a song I listen to before beginning days that have a certain foreboding to them. It helps me focus my attention on listening to a voice from within rather than trying to always use words from a book as a frame of reference. I am really a better person for having made the switch over the last 2 years.

No comments: