Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Pathways

Someone asked me once if I thought that knowing Greek and translating had helped me on my faith walk or if it had any advantage for me. I don't know how to answer that really. We are who we are because the motivation points, opportunities, personality, interests, and incentives are combined differently. So, what might really help me in my faith, doesn't really help anyone else. One person's trash is another person's treasure. So, in answer to the person's question, yes, I have been helped by the path I decided to take or that the Creator afforded me the opportunity to take. But, if the person was also implying the question, "Did it give me an advantage over anyone?" then I would have to say that one particular path for developing faith is not comparable to another path. We're different people. We are led home in different ways.

No comments: