Search This Blog

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Peaceful storms

Life evens out at times. When that happens, I have learned to treat it as the eye of the hurricane, the calm before the storm. But, really I have learned a more primary principle than this one. Storms have a built-in cleansing effect. So, even though I know storms are coming, fear is not present. I only know this from experience. Michael W. Smith puts this priniciple so aptly in his song, "Healing Rain." The song gives such encouragement to me: "Healing rain, let it fall, let it fall, I'm not afraid. It comes with fire, I'm not afraid, it takes me higher."

I don't anymore wish for just the evened out times. I let the storm do what it is supposed to do in my life. Cleanse and heal. The master knew what he was talking about: "I give you peace. I leave you with peace." Peace is not only in the eye of the storm. Its healing rain pelts me with hundreds of drops of peace.

No comments: