Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Snake Pit 2

I suppose that I should be bothered by the snake pit I have chosen to be in. But I am not. I don't know why that is exactly. I have not really encountered being in a snake pit like this one before. I have only temporarily been in some smaller snake pits. Only one other time did I think that the pit had poisonous snakes in it. This is very different.

But this pit is different. The stakes are higher. If I get bitten, I will feel the bite and have to leave the pit. That will cost me. Even if I don't get bitten, I still have to sit around and identify the snakes. The poisonous ones have to be identified from the non-poisonous ones and I have to shout out to the pit watchers which ones to try to handle to take out of the pit.

I don't know if a person can be around snakes for very long without getting bitten, but I know that this pit is one that was put in. I guess that's why it doesn't scare me one bit. It's why I actually enjoy going into it each day. Asking the maker to help the pit-watchers act quickly is the only request I have these days. The rest of the so-called danger is really up to the one who placed me in the pit. My job is easy when I entrust my well-being to him.

No comments: