Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Head on a platter

One of the English sayings that comes from the New Testament is to want someone's head on a platter like Herod's wife wanted of John the Baptist. Well, Friday was such a request for mine my director said. At least she gave me a little more time by asking to be able to talk to me first. John didn't survive his request. I don't know if I will either, but tomorrow may tell the tale. What I hope happens is an analogy to an Old Testament story of Daniel or the one of his 3 friends. God intervened for them. Life on earth really has its ups and downs. I know this by now, but the down part of the roller coaster ride never really feels any better even if you know it is coming or has arrived. So, may the one who gives second chances, restore. May it be so.

No comments: