Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fortunately... there are amazing people


Mommy Dearest was a classic movie in showing how mothers really don't care at all for their children, and in fact, emotionally abuse them. It is a response I relegate to the movies, however. I heard about it as an adult, and saw only rarely the effects of it in a young person or two that I ran across. So, when I see such indifference and cold-heartedness in my own back yard, I find it especially abhorrent. It's one of the saddest things to have to see. I can't even imagine the thinking process that prompts a mother to be so indifferent to a daughter. What dysfunction it creates, and that's an understatement!

Fortunately, I look around me and know that all is not lost. I see an amazing mother who cherishes her children and carefully molds them into confident, outstanding young people. She shares her life joyously with her children, and they will grow up knowing a true mother's love. I see a judge who reversed a Child Protective Services order to take twins from parents who love them. He saw their love, their deliberate actions of nurture and saw through the lies of an evil doctor who would distort the truth of caring actions.

I can sleep tonight, smiling for the parents who have been reunited with their twins and for the most amazing mother who knows how to give her all in raising strong children.

No comments: