Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Tribute


The day after Thanksgiving, the headline in the local newspaper showed a large picture of some volunteers feeding a number of indigent people a Thanksgiving meal at a downtown location. I am always impressed with this, and I know that the same program exists in towns all over the US. I think of the ones that need the meal and some of their dire situations, and I think of the ones who give up part of their Thanksgiving day to serve the ones who need the meal. For those in need, I am grateful that they see a few moments of kindness in an otherwise bleak life.

My tribute is to a young man about to turn 8 years old who wants to go for a second year to serve those in need. He has such an indomitable, kind, and generous spirit. What a champion!

No comments: