Search This Blog

Thursday, November 04, 2010

The last 365

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler.
Long I stood and looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
But as for that, the passing there had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black...

(The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost)
______________________________

A year ago I struck a new path. I did have a choice to stay or go. But, going meant that I would be able to better my position financially. Normally, that is the only consideration I look at in making a decision.



In fact, it was financially better after a year than it would have been had I stayed. And, in fact, it led to opportunity that could not have happened if I had stayed. It continues to produce in the opportunity category. But there was another category. Money is not even in the same arena as this category, and opportunity can not lead to any destination worth it if it means missing the place this other category would lead to. A person can measure the amount of money (s)he makes or determine the value of the opportunities that may come along. But, this other category cannot be measured except in terms of what the heart can produce. 2010 in that regard has been one of great hope.

No comments: