Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Love that teddy bear


On the arm of one of the easy chairs in my house sits a teddy bear. It's a small one, about 15 inches in length. It sits there daily as a reminder that a beautiful daughter once ran through this house, bringing charm, laughter, and hope for tomorrow. The bear is old, probably a decade or so. But, it does its job; it reminds me of my beautiful daughter.

Inside my mind there are bears that sit where I can see them. They are pictures that represent events and people that bring about charm, laughter, and hope for tomorrow. Unlike the bear, though, the pictures are ageless. They bring vibrance and happiness to everyday life. They allow me a glimpse of raw beauty daily. And I am eternally grateful for them, not just at this season of Thanksgiving.

No comments: