Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

From the supernatural to the natural

I watched a program tonight off and on that dealt with three men that contended that they were modern religious messiahs. There was nothing there that was new. They all three have been spoken to supernaturally. They all three use religious jargon for inner awareness. And they all three have followers who swoon and sway to every word dripping from their lips. I have one word for them... BOGUS!



When I think of a present day messiah, it's of the natural type, not the supernatural. I think of someone who would help me be better than I am, someone who would inspire me, laugh with me, give me optimism for living. I think of someone with whom I can share both the monumental and the mundane, the successes and failures, the trips across terrain and the trips through the heart.



Messiahs of the earthly sort are not bogus. They exist... but not on every corner... They're special people still... once in a lifetime.

No comments: