Search This Blog

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Love hearing voices


Voices are unique to people, so there is one voice print for one individual. That's how we recognize people. Because voices are unique, we can hear those voices of special people inside our heads even without the person being present. Some voices we single out because they helped us through life. My father's voice is one such voice. He is no longer with me, but I can hear his voice very clearly from the time when he was present, guiding me when I had questions I needed answered. Some voices bring me the remnants of the life they represent. I can hear my son laughing and calling my name on occasion. And, some voices remind me of my own... my daughter's, for instance, asking me questions much like I did my father.

Some voices are treasured because they are highly regarded. 3 weeks ago, I received a call from someone very special. I had not heard the voice in quite some time. But instantly, I knew who it was. We exchanged information about daughters and some other matters, but hearing that voice again made me aware of why the voice had never faded from memory. I was flooded with warmth and vibrance once again. In fact, I was made warm and vibrant twice that day. What a special day from a special voice! It's amazing what a highly regarded voice will do for a person.

No comments: