Search This Blog

Monday, June 07, 2010

It's the smile at the start of the day


Some mornings just start out right and stay right the entire day. Today was one such day. I was working with what has proven to be a rather contentious group of people. But today, the group got along with each other without incident. In another group of people, there are two moaners and groaners about every little matter. They, too, were on their best behavior. They complained only once, and then only for a small amount of time. The weather was beautiful all day long, having very little wind and the perfect 70 degree temperature. I have a business partner that I ate supper with. He and I always get along, but he was in an exceptionally good mood this evening while discussing some of the future plans we have for our company.

Of course, the day went right because it started in the best possible way. I was just about to start the work day with a group of people when I my text message signal sounded. Someone had sent a picture to me. It was the perfect picture. It immediately brightened my day, and it brought a smile to my face every time I looked at it during the day. It would not have mattered if the temperature had not been 70, if the groups of people I was working with had been their disagreeable selves, or if supper would have not been upbeat. The day had had a perfect beginning. It could not have gone downhill! I was not on the beach. But, today was a day on the beach because of the smile that was sent my way as the day began.

No comments: