Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

When minds mesh


Kindred minds are hard to come by. Only very occasionally have I found those with kindred minds. I had a college professor who taught me Greek who had the same philosophy I did in translation. He died during one of the semesters I had him, but he taught me much, mainly because we shared a passion for the same idea. About a decade later, I met someone I had gone to college with. We have remained friends ever since. I don't think we could be too much more opposite in nature, but it was in the contrast of natures that our complementary sides came out. We have been friends for a really long time now, and all because we shared with each other our lives and talents, as opposite as they may have been. Somehow, the complemetary side formed the bond. And sometimes compatibility makes for life's enjoyment. With only one person have I had such complete compatibility. Our minds think much alike; our spirits enjoy the same kinds of activity; our humor is very much the same; our aims in life are so very close. That person is witty, much more than I, but I try to make up for that in other ways.

Kindred minds... making memories glorious... making the future worth the journey.

No comments: