Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A round of thanks to...


The LA Lakers won their second NBA championship in a row last week. Kardashian hubby, Odom, looked fantastic in game 6 and made key rebounds in game 7. I was pulling for the Lakers all through the playoffs, so I was happy at the end of game 7. Kobe Bryant played very well except in game 7. But, he knew what to do even when he wasn't playing well. He supported the other players with stellar passing. One of his passes was to Artest who hit a very pivotal shot in the waning moments of the game. Artest was ecstatic. After the game, a commentator interviewed Artest about the shot. But, Artest wanted to say what he wanted, so he didn't really answer the question. After making a statement of how happy he was, he went down the list of several names of people he wanted to thank as if he had won an Academy Award. The last person on the short list was his therapist. Artest thanked his therapist! I have never heard that before. He said that the therapist had helped him relax and that was the key to hitting his big shot. Hmmmmmm... the therapist.

I really haven't talked to a paid therapist, but if the criterion is that a therapist helps a person to relax so that he or she can perform at his or her highest level, then I have a therapist. And really, I don't feel relaxed these days very often. There is a little bit of an edge that is created when I am among people at work. I can't really let down too much of anywhere. I guess when I am alone, I relax some, but usually I am doing something or reading. I do have a therapist, though... a person who makes me feel totally relaxed and around whom laughter returns to my vocal cords and a smile adorns my face.

So Artest is right. A person has to be relaxed to perform at the highest level. I want to thank my therapist!

No comments: