Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

What the onerous brings out in a person


I work with groups of people to turn out a written product that follows certain protocols. Inevitably these groups do not follow the protocols, so I end up having to write or rewrite the portions that the group cannot do or do right. It's the most onerous task of the job I have. That's what I am sitting here doing tonight... concocting portions that a group did not do.

So, of course, I am doing everything under the sun not to have to write these sections. I have taken 3 strolls in the last 2 hours just to relieve my mind of what I do not like to do. But, that leads me to think of pleasant thoughts. I think of things people have said to me. I think of events that make me smile. I think of various witticisms that always give me energy. I think of money in the bank. I think of TV shows that make me laugh. I think of comedians and their sketches. And, I think of texts that I receive that always brighten my day or night that remind me of the poem Xanadu... love them.

When those thoughts fill my mind, I can carry on with onerous tasks and the deadlines that have to be met. So thankful for pleasant thoughts!

No comments: